Sunday, March 2, 2008

Redbuds and Steel

Red Bud Blooms

Photo Information


Taken:2 March 2008 14:03 in The Meadows at Brushy Creek
Camera:Unidentified
Exposure:Not encoded

Backstory

One of the things I’ve learned going back through time and putting this blog together is that most of the pictures that have special meaning to me are not very interesting to others, at least in the context of a photo blog. I mean, who cares if I installed new landscaping just before I snapped this picture? Well, someone might if I posted it on my regular blog, but it doesn’t really belong here.

Another thing I’ve discovered is that I’m really fond of the chaotic pattern of tree branches against sky. I find it comforting, soothing even. And still, part of my brain wants to find meaning in them. Are humans nothing more than machines for creating metaphor?

But back to the picture… I’m posting this picture on a very hot day in July. It helps to remember the coolness of early March, when the red buds were the first promise of returning foliage. They look warm against the cold gray sky. A cheerful thought when it’s 100°F.
—21 July 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment