Thursday, April 12, 2012

Yum! Cilantro.

Photo Information

Taken: 12 April 2012 08:00, Brushy Creek, Texas
Camera: Cannon Rebel XT / 18-55mm lens
Exposure: ISO 400
55mm, 0 EV
f5.6
1/60 flash

Backstory

After walking Suna to her car to go to work, I decided to check on the plants. I found this guy happily munching on the volunteer cilantro that grows by the front crepe myrtle tree. We don’t eat enough cilantro to feel the competition, so I let him have at it.

Unfortunately, I’m not very good at figuring out what kind of bugs, worms, and crawlies I’m dealing with. So this guy will remain unidentified, at least for a while.

Suggestions:

3 comments:

  1. It's eating my delicious condiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's dead. It hand't moved by the time I went to work. It won't eat much that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My old friend Bridget suggested it could be Atlantis Fritillary. Looks a lot like the one on http://www.discoverlife.org/mp/20q?search=Speyeria+atlantis. I'll go with that for now.

    ReplyDelete